DON® Four Pepper Salami & burnt sage butter gnocchi
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Ready in: 10 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped
- 16-20 small sage leaves
- 100g sliced DON® Four Pepper Salami
- 500g potato gnocchi, cooked according to packet directions
- 30g flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (80g) parmesan, shaved or grated
Gnocchi is always a winner in winter and the combination of burnt sage butter with DON® Four Pepper Salami is the perfect accompaniment to a bottle of fine Italian Chianti.
- Place butter into a large frying pan and heat over a medium heat until just foaming. Add sage leaves to pan, and cook for 4-5 minutes, swirling pan often, or until sage leaves are crisp and butter has turned a deep nut-brown colour.
- Toss in salami to coat with butter and warm through.
- Add warm gnocchi to frying pan and toss to coat in burnt sage butter.
- To serve, divide gnocchi among bowls, spooning over any burnt butter that is left in the frying pan. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmesan and enjoy immediately.