DON® Salami antipasti goats cheese tartlets
- Serves 8
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 120 grams sliced DON® Danish Salami or DON® Gyalai Salami
- 2 onions, halved, thinly sliced
- 25g Black seedless olives sliced
- 25g finely chopped red capsicum
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 45g brown sugar
- 80ml water
- 1 sheet (25 x 25cm) frozen ready-rolled puff pastry, just thawed
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
- Fresh thyme leaves, to serve
This will surely replace the humble meat pie with the great marriage of puff pastry and salami.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the Olives, capsicum and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to soak.
- Add the olive and capsicum mixture, sugar and water to the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for 1 hour to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use a 6cm-diameter round pastry cutter to cut 16 discs from the pastry. Place the pastry discs on the lined baking trays. Use a 4cm-diameter round pastry cutter to make a 1cm-wide border around the edge of each pastry disc (do not cut all the way through). Use a fork to prick the centre of each pastry disc all over.
- Keeping within the border, spread 1/2 teaspoon of onion mixture over each pastry disc and top with two three slices of DON® Danish Salami.
- Top with goats cheese and thyme. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Serve with rocket salad.